Monday, February 20, 2017

1,000 Books Before Kindergarten

Last week, a friend of mine tweeted about setting up a Goodreads account for her one year old son for the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program, which she first heard about when Daliyah Marie Arana was “Librarian For the Day” at the Library of Congress back in January. Being an avid reader myself and hoping to instill the love of reading in to Teacup Human, I knew this was something we had to partake in too!

 

We've already read a few books here and there to her, but the thought to track them never occurred to me and I cannot wait to start adding these books to her own Goodreads page. A page I hope she'll continue on her own once she gets old enough. Not to mention, how cool will it be when she's older and looks back on all the books her father and I read to her when she was younger!?

On their official website, there is the option to Find a Program in your state and I was pleased to find my local library is a participant! This also led me to find out about their Baby and Me Storytimes, another opportunity to get Teacup Human into the library and developing a love of books!

If you have a child, grandchild, niece/nephew, etc. and so on, I highly suggest you check out this program! Or, if you are already participating in the program, share with us your favorite aspects and how you're doing thus far!
SaveSave

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...